Wednesday 29 August 2012

Looking like Lorna?

Not for me....


lululemon Run: catch me tank $75-
lululemon
Runnin with my
hommies crop $109-
What do I wear when exercising? Should I spend money and buy nice clothes to train in like lululemon or wear gym gear from Coles Mix Apparel etc...?  I actually think I hate spending hard earned $ on clothes that I run around and sweat in, and besides I go home for a shower after training anyway. 

I was buying Lorna Jane gear for a while there, but that's not going to happen anymore.  The Besties that I train with gave me a voucher to go shopping at LJ.  I bought tights and a few things, and it totalled $150.  All good, until I got home and realised there was an offer if I spent $200 I could get a free jacket.  So back to LJ, with goods and receipt in hand and I picked out tights, and because I can't help myself singlets etc.. totalling an extra $170.

Coles Mix Apparel
Front slit tank $12-
Coles Mix Apparel
Wide Band Tight $19-
Yahoo - I'm going to look pretty good running around the park.  WRONG.  You see the staff at LJ had other ideas, as they would  not refund my purchase only credit it, so with a credit in the system it couldn't add up to the $200- to get me a free jacket. 

This is not a joke, but the sales staff member said "Computer says no", "Sorry", and gave me my original purchase and turned her back on me! I wrote to LJ explaining what happened and they wrote back a one page letter that basically said "too bad - we have systems and we don't care".  I showed alot of people the letter and the general consensus was it was so bad it was bordering on laughable. There you go - no more looking like Lorna.

In Step into Life singlet with
Cath my running (and shopping) buddy. 
 My trainer, Ian, from Step into Life sells his branded sports gear and he has made me run distances I could only drive (the man is a freak!), so I wear his branded sports gear when I train. http://www.stepintolife.com.au/  There are Step Into Life venues all around Australia - have a look - just don't check into facebook on a Sunday morning run, as everyone thinks your at church!

Dont forget to subscribe or follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dressme.gc?ref=hl#!/dressme.gc
Thanks for your comments and messages - I really appreciate it!

Talk Tomorrow.


https://www.mixapparel.com.au/collection#womenswear/activewear
http://www.lululemon.com.au/products/category/women





2 Comments:

At 29 August 2012 at 00:46 , Blogger Unknown said...

Mmmm, I am Lorna Jane addict, but trying to kick the habit. Their deals are a rip really but I can't believe they didn't tell you at the time that if you spent the extra $50 you would get the jacket. I buy most of mine online anyway because the manager at my local is a bit of a dragon lady. I get free shipping because I got sucked in to a big spend to become a VIW!! I'm also keen on 2XU - you see it everywhere at running events but that Coles stuff looks great. I love my trainer and my gym too so I wear my "Tribe" singlet when out running - and it's orange so that's saying something!

 
At 1 November 2012 at 23:58 , Blogger Dress Me said...

The deals aren't very good, and they don't honour their products. If there is a fault they argue with you rather than apologise and exchange the item. The same dragon lady must work shifts at Marina Mirage!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Dress Me GC: Looking like Lorna?

This page has moved to a new address.

Looking like Lorna?