Monday 26 November 2012

I Just Want to CRY!

The Text from Doug.

One Whole Day Wasted!

 
That's right - wasted! I have spent ALL day trying to put pics/photos on the new blog, but have failed miserably.  
 
There are two options.
1. Cry
2. Read the joke text Doug sent me last week and take it seriously.
 
I have taken both options! Tissues and wine are in hand and I am madly blogging - old style. Cheers.
 
Walking home from lunch. I love the GC!
Lunch last Friday was good. It was a little quiet as far as GC lunches are concerned, but we had a good table. What is it with loud music being played at these lunches? Maybe I'm old, but I can't hear anybody over the music! My lunch buddy picked me up on the way so when it came time to leave I walked outside only to find a long taxi queue, so off went the Mimco wedges and walked home along the beach!

I had my Country Road Dress on (bought it years ago), and I was walking along the waters edge, with my Jamin Puech clutch, and Mimco wedges in hand feeling fantastic! I love the GC. I'm sure people thought I was a schoolie (lol)! 

Walking along the beach I passed a group of Japanese Tourists photographing each other and one of the ladies started screaming and I noticed she had blue bottle tentacles on her leg. Well, there were two good things about me being close by: the first was that I have been to Japan, (see previous blog: http://dressmegc.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/the-hijack-shopper.html) and the second was they couldn't speak English and I had had enough wine at lunch and my attempt to talk to them would have been very entertaining for anyone watching. I removed the tentacles from her leg and sent her to the lifesavers for vinegar.

Friday night was the ASD for Kids Cocktail Party at the Audi Centre.

ASD 4 Kids fundraiser.
It was great - one of the best events I've been to on the GC for a long time. There was a great crowd of people and it was so nice to see everybody so beautifully dressed.  Thank-you to everyone involved - It was so much fun!
 
It's funny how we buy new clothes for functions and when the time comes we put our old favourites on. I ended up wearing a Lisa brown Tulle top that my sisters bought me for my 40th Birthday. I teamed it with black Witchery pants, Seed Femme black heels, and silver accessories. It was comfortable, and appropriate.
 
Thanks for your patience  - because I have NONE! Check out the new site if you feel like it.  www.dressmegc.com I am very frustrated with it. The IT Dept has done a great job of transferring old blogs and doing all that technical stuff, but it looks a bit boring and there is still along way to go, but the good news is, it can only get better!
 
Special Thanks to Anna and Kimmy (look at me!) for sharing Dress Me GC on Facebook EVERY day. You are good people. Thank-you.
 
I need more tissues and wine.
 
Talk Tomorrow.
 
 

2 Comments:

At 26 November 2012 at 03:26 , Blogger Sophie A-C said...

Promise me no more tissues ....but hey bring on the wine!!!
Why is it the old favs always come out...be it clothes, wine, friends...because they are reliable and generally appropriate for the occasion.
No more tears please!!
S xx

 
At 26 November 2012 at 03:47 , Blogger Dress Me said...

Thanks Sophie! The frustration! It'll get there - it can only improve!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Dress Me GC: I Just Want to CRY!

This page has moved to a new address.

I Just Want to CRY!