Tuesday 7 August 2012

Sidetracked

Making Lampshades


Today was supposed to be The Country Road Spend & Save Day (http://www.countryroad.com.au/).    Instead, I received a call from my mother in law needing help to make lampshades.  She makes lampshades for a living and now all the kids are at school she and my husband think I have time to help! What? Are they for real?

These were no ordinay lampshades - they were from a shopping centre in Brisbane and needed two of us to lift them!  I am quite useful in the lampshade business as I used to be a Milliner before I decided that spending 6 days hand sewing a hat that somone wants to pay $150 for was not viable.  Not to mention the part about going out after the races and sitting on the hat etc...and expecting me to fix the thing for free afterwards. Do you take your jeans back to Myer when you spill you wine on them?

Ok I'm digressing....Yesterday Stella dropped my phone (for the 3rd time in about as many weeks).  I can't repeat what I said as someone will call child services. Ok! Ok! I did feel sorry for her in the end as she was very upset and...ok...still digressing....  So nothing like turning a negative into a positive...

I HAD to go to the Apple store today to get the screen fixed and woohoo Country Road is in the same centre! What a coincidence?! Unfortunately I could only look as the lampshades were waiting BUT, they have some really nice stuff!  I am busting to get back and try it all on.  

Sivad designs is on facebook and has some fantastic homewear items.  It's worth a look.

Talk Tomorrow.....

3 Comments:

At 7 August 2012 at 03:58 , Blogger Lisa said...

Did you pay Stella to drop your phone so you could get out of lampshade making and into CR?

 
At 7 August 2012 at 04:05 , Blogger Unknown said...

ha .. good call Lisa !

I'm bursting to know what you like the look of in CR ... nothing like a bit of surrogate shopping to make me feel happy ... lol

 
At 7 August 2012 at 16:41 , Blogger Viv said...

I had better keep loosing some kilo's so I can come shopping with you!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Dress Me GC: Sidetracked

This page has moved to a new address.

Sidetracked