Monday 24 September 2012

Get Moving.

For your own good.

I can't tell you what to do, and I know the saying about leading a horse to water and not being able to get it to drink, but I can encourage you to get exercising. 

Asics
One of Dress Me GC's regular followers sent me a photo last night after she had completed Tough Mudder in Sydney.  http://toughmudder.com.au/events/sydney/.  Now I am impressed as this follower has small children, and life is hard enough with "littlies", let alone exercising.  I wish I had done some strenuous exercise earlier in life.  Sure the pram and I could walk forever, but as my trainer has taught me  - that's active resting!  There is a previous post: "Looking like Lorna" where I have mentioned my trainer. 

The best thing about training is how it helps mentally. There is nothing better than getting out of the shower and throwing clothes on.  I spent years never being able to get dressed as I always felt yuk.  I put on 30 kilos with each pregnancy - 4 times - Yuk!

It sounds silly, but being taught how to run, has been one of the greatest things to happen to me. I love it! I've run two half Marathons (21K's).  I am not bragging, but if you have known me a long time, you'll know that's almost a miracle.  I'm telling you this to encourage you to get exercising.  I promise you will not be sorry.  The hardest part about exercising is turning up to the very first class. After that it all falls into place. 

My running shoes are on the way out, so today is shopping day for new runners (after retail therapy at Toscana - Yesterday's blog: "Couldn't Skip a Day").  Why are they so expensive? I hate paying for them?  Does anyone know a cheaper alternative? I'd much rather buy nice shoes.

Things you need to know:

- The French Connection Mid Season Sale has started.
- The Cotton On coloured jeggings don't last.
- Seed Femme have great new tops: http://www.seedheritage.com/new-arrivals/w1/i1001285/
- I have done the Eurail through Europe and we drank The Chunnel from Paris to London out of beer.
- Lisa Brown clothes have tags that are itchy.
- The Killers new album is good - and so is the new one from Pink.  Speaking of The Killers, I'll see them at The Big Day Out in January - time to work on my outfit: cut off denim shorts, bikini top, cowboy hat! Haha - as if!

Thank-you for reading.

I appreciate your company and your comments.  Don't forget to find Dress Me on facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/dressme.gc?ref=hl, or subscribe or follow via google +.
Talk Tomorrow.



5 Comments:

At 24 September 2012 at 21:23 , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey! Tough Mudder was so much fun.....really! After saying "never again" on Saturday I have Pre-registered for the Brisbane event in August 2013. With 2 young kids, the gym is my time - I love it - even the 4.35am starts so I can work out before my husband goes to work! You have to look after yourself so you can cope with the demands of the family and looking good is an added bonus!
PS Save your old trainers for Tough Mudder!

 
At 24 September 2012 at 21:27 , Blogger Unknown said...

PPS I have been buying my trainers on ebay - I just buy same size & model ASICs recommended by my podiatrist. I am going to get some Nike Free Trainers soon, just to wear with my leisurewear as my ASICs aren't very cool and are rather chunky!

 
At 24 September 2012 at 21:29 , Blogger Dress Me said...

I agree Josephine. The torture of being overweight is unbearable. Exercise has been fantastic for me. I have also met some some of the best girlfriends through running etc... Big bonus - my podiatrist just told me to get fleecy web to repair my shoes (and he runs full marathons), so that's pretty good.

 
At 25 September 2012 at 14:39 , Blogger Unknown said...

Things You Need To Know.....LOL!!

 
At 29 September 2012 at 12:39 , Blogger Dress Me said...

Glad you're entertained. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Dress Me GC: Get Moving.

This page has moved to a new address.

Get Moving.